Saturday, November 30, 2013

Day 4


How has it only been 4 days? It feels like I'm being tricked and you're not really gone. It is almost like you are just out hunting and fishing or you are visiting grandma. We just keep waiting for you to call us. To check in and tell us you are all right. I know it isn't going to happen, but I would be lying if I didn't say a part of me keeps hoping you will, and this is all just a nightmare. And I won't have to live the rest of my life without my dad and I won't have to walk myself down the aisle when (if) I get married and I won't have to tell my children about their papa only using pictures.

So here I sit, waiting for a phone call that I know isn't going to come.

No comments: