Minding my own business, I sat in the far end of the lobby as not to disturb anyone with my cookie crunching or runny nose and listened to a conversation that happened not far away from me. The topic? Purses.
Expensive purses. Louis, Coach, some other ones that I haven't heard of.
These girls with their Brooklyn accents, carried on about how much their purses cost and how much they mean to them. One complained about how the new Coach bags are not as high quality as the old. (OM Angst)! As they continued their conversations, the numbers started dropping. $500, $400, $600, etc.
Then one chimed in and with great strength, gulped and admitted she paid $1400 for one purse. A PURSE! $1400. What the f? I nearly choked on my damn cookie. Not only would $1400 pay for nearly 1.5 credits of a graduate class, you know what I could buy with $1400?
I could buy: 1/2 a trip to Europe, 100 CD's (or more!), a Wii with accessories, a multitude of new clothing, and maybe even a pony! I can't imagine wasting it on something that holds my money. I almost cried when I had to pay $20 for a wallet... I had no money to put in it after I bought it.
I just couldn't pay that much money for a handbag. I mean, they don't even taste good. I'm just going to go buy some more cheap $1.50 cookies.

3 comments:
that's right, handbags don't taste good and they won't keep you warm at night! haha i love this post!
OMGosh we think the same...A pony is so much cooler and don't worry one day we will each own one!
(OM Angst)! best part.
Post a Comment